- 39 years of legal experience
- family law mediator and arbitrator
- called to the bar 1975
- graduated from the University of Windsor
- has appeared in all levels of Court in Ontario and the Supreme Court of Canada
- prior to retiring, exclusively practiced family law for 27 years
- spearheaded establishment of Collaborative Family Law Association in Waterloo Region
- past President of the Collaborative Family Law Association in Waterloo Region
- past Director and Secretary of the Ontario Collaborative Law Federation
- family law practice included collaborative law, mediation and negotiated agreements
- legal ability previously rated by legal publisher Martindale Hubbell as “very high to pre-eminent”
- has attended intensive mediation and alternative dispute resolution course presented by Stitt, Feld, Handy group in conjunction with University of Windsor
- has completed in depth training in Collaborative Family Law
I have decided to establish a mediation practice restricted to family law matters. I believe that, with my training in mediation, collaborative law and alternative dispute resolution, I can lend positive assistance to separated couples in all aspects of family law. I have extensive trial experience and will be able to provide direction to couples who are interested in resolving their issues through the mediation process.
I am interested in working with couples in a positive environment that will result in interest based resolutions. I have a keen interest in assisting families to resolve custody, support and property matters outside of the Court system.
The resolution of family law matters can be a positive experience for couples if they examine their respective interests. Court proceedings result in the polarization of positions and the couple often enters into years of expensive Court appearances.